Want to be part of the Adventure?
[expand title=”Do I really have the skills you need?“]The short answer…Yes. You don’t need to be a survival expert to join Scouts as a Volunteer. Are you good with numbers? A great cook? Keen to learn? Great at building stuff? We all have useful skills and you can volunteer in many ways. Scouts will provide all the training you need to support you in your role[/expand]
[expand title=”What if I don’t have much spare time?“]Scouting is all about Flexible volunteering. If you can only offer a few hours a year you could help by being on our Group exec. Able to help out once a fortnight, term or even just on camps? There is certainly a place for you.
[expand title=”What do I get out of volunteering?”]Simply put, fun! As well as this you can gain externally recognised skills and build your teamwork, personal skills, confidence and leadership. 90% of Scouting volunteers believe that the skills and experiences they have gained have been of relevance to their work or personal life.[/expand]
[expand title=”I’ve never done anything like this before, do I really have the skills you need?”] You don’t have to be an adventurer like Bear Grylls to get involved with Scouting. Do you have first aid knowledge? Are you good with numbers? Handy in the kitchen? Or are you a DIY whizz? We all have useful skills and you can volunteer and help in many ways.[/expand]
[expand title=”What sort of roles are available?”] We are looking for a range of support, including but not limited to:
- Exec committee members – our exec offer vital support in the background to enable the leaders to deliver great scouting – roles such as treasurer, fundraising and chairman.
- Regular leaders – working directly with the young people at most meetings, planning a delivering activities.
- Occassional helpers – working directly with the young people but on a less regular basis – this might be for you if you have less time, if you have specific skills that you’d like to offer occasionally, or if you can only make camps or weekends[/expand]
[expand title=”Not sure if Scouting’s for you or whether you want to make a commitment – try taking our four week challenge “]
- Week 1 Come along and see what we get up to
- Week 2 Start to help out
- Week 3 Get a little more involved – maybe run an activity
- Week 4 By now you’ll know if Scouting is for you.
Read about other people’s experience of the four week challenge here. [/expand]
Excited? Fill in our Join Us form to let us know your keen to get involved!